Dental Crowns & Bridges
Same-Day Dental Crowns: Get A Crown In A Single Day
At Millburn Dental Arts, your time and your comfort are both important to us! That’s why we use so many high-tech tools in our Millburn, NJ dentist office – to keep your treatments as quick and precise as possible. One of the best examples of this is our process for same-day dental crowns.Dr. Scott Krosser on crowns & bridges Read Transcript
Crowns and bridges are the way that we replace teeth and fix teeth that are badly broken, or teeth that have had root canals that are starting to get brittle. We can save teeth almost indefinitely with crowns and bridges.
The typical process for getting a dental crown involves a dentist taking impressions of your teeth with messy molding material, then sending the information to an outside lab where your crown is actually produced. You’ll need to wear a temporary crown for two weeks or so while your crown is made. And then you’ll have to go back for the crown placement.
In contrast, Dr. Scott Krosser uses a system called CEREC to design and fabricate your dental crown while you wait. You’ll leave our office with your custom dental crown! An early adopter of CEREC, he’s been using the technology for more than a dozen years.
To make your appointment for a same-day crown, call Millburn Dental Arts at (973) 957-1604.
The Benefits of CEREC Same Day Crowns
It’s hard to overstate the convenience of getting your dental crown in a single day! But CEREC technology offers other benefits as well, including:
- Durability. Your same-day crown is created from a single, solid block of porcelain, which makes it highly resistant to cracking or other damage.
- Natural look and feel. The CEREC software, which uses 3D modeling, produces a same-day crown that fits perfectly and offers oral function similar to your natural teeth. We tint high-quality ceramic to match your teeth.
- Metal-free. With no metal, you won’t see a tell-tale dark line near your gumline. And you’ll have no worries about health effects of mercury.
We Can Do More Than Same-Day Crowns
In addition to same-day crowns, we can use CEREC to produce other restorative dentistry treatments:
- Inlays and onlays. These dental restorations are used when dental decay is too extensive for tooth fillings but not severe enough for a dental crown.
- Dental bridges. These restorations can replace a single missing tooth or several adjacent missing teeth. They can be used with dental implants for the most secure tooth replacement. We can also make your bridge from zirconia, if you’d prefer.