Dental Cleanings & Dental Exams
Dental Cleanings Keep Dental Decay At Bay
If you’re used to having your teeth examined with nothing more than a hand mirror and metal probes, you might be surprised by all the high-tech tools we use for your family’s dental exams and cleanings at Millburn Dental Arts!
Dr. Scott Krosser was an early adopter of many revolutionary dental technologies like digital X-rays, which enables him to detect issues with superior accuracy in our Millburn, NJ dentist office. He continues to add new technologies all the time to make your family’s dental care more comfortable and effective.
Technology For Comfortable, Effective Dental Exams
Here are a few of the technologies we use during your dental exams to ensure we don’t miss any signs of trouble:
- SOPRO intraoral camera, a handheld camera that helps us detect cavities and signs of gum disease, as well as ensure we’ve gotten rid of troublesome plaque.
- Digital X-rays, for fast and accurate views of your family’s mouths, using up to 90 percent less radiation than traditional X-rays.
- ViziLite, a tool that uses fluorescent light to help us spot early signs of oral cancer.
Clean Teeth And Health Screenings Too
Our dental hygienists will remove plaque and tartar from both your teeth and gums. Removing these substances from areas you can’t reach at home helps keep your teeth healthy! Your smile will look and feel great following your dental cleaning.
In addition to looking for cavities, Dr. Krosser checks you for:
- Gum disease, the leading cause of tooth loss among adults
- Oral cancer
- Dental problems like teeth grinding, which can cause issues like chronic headaches
He will also discuss any smile goals and concerns you have and recommend personalized treatments. You can expect your thorough checkup to last about 1 1/2 hours.