Top 7 Treatments To Protect Your Smile
There’s a lot that can go wrong with your smile.
Whether your smile is something to be proud of or embarrassed about, taking care of the smile you’ve got is an important task for maintaining healthy smile integrity.
Yet it’s rarely an accident or injury that causes most, if not all, of the damage to your smile.
The guilty party in most cases is you.
Not because of anything you’ve done. Harm to your smile occurs most often when you fail to do anything at all.
This inaction can make a good smile bad, and a bad smile even worse.
Both outcomes are unacceptable options to me, especially when the solutions you can get now will be less costly and less painful than the more drastic solutions needed to deal with the fallout of a deteriorated smile.
This philosophy is the bedrock for preventative dental care.
There’s plenty you can do on your own to achieve better smile preservation, including brushing and flossing twice a day, regular use of acceptable mouthwash, or buying and using a water pick.
Yet you will have limited success at best if you don’t let me give you the preventative care that could very well save your smile before it’s too late.
An Ounce Of Prevention…
… is, in my experience, worth a ton of cure.
Doing nothing to take care of your current smile is a guaranteed method of losing it. You’ll rack up expensive bills on reactionary treatments that could have been avoided in the first place had you simply worked to prevent the damage while it was still in your power to do so.
It’s not too late, but only if you act right away.
While there is still time, you can receive a variety of treatments that will protect your teeth from decay, erosion, or other forces – whatever your particular case might require, my team at Millburn Dental Arts has you and your family under our protection.
Here are several preventative dental treatments and procedures that we recommend in order to safeguard your smile and improve the overall health of your mouth:
- Tooth Sealants – Your toothbrush can only go so far. A sealant will prevent food particles from coming into contact with the more vulnerable areas of your teeth.
- Fluoride Treatments –Regular fluoride treatments can make your teeth more resilient to attacks from plaque and other nasty bacterias, increasing the lifespan of your smile.
- Teeth Cleanings – One of the oldest tools of my trade is still among the most effective. A professional teeth cleaning can yield benefits for months to come, and stop plaque in its tracks.
- Laser Cavity Detection – Traditional X-rays can’t always identify tiny micro-cavities. Our sophisticated laser detection system can, so we can treat them before they cause serious problems.
- SoPro Camera Exams – The latest in intra-oral imaging technology, these miniscule cameras allow us to evaluate problem spots with precision accuracy.
- Nightguards – These custom mouth guards will protect your teeth from nocturnal destruction if you grind your teeth in your sleep. Comfortable, yet durable.
- Overcoming Your Fear of the Dentist – Even if it’s just for a simple examination, you can’t receive any of these treatments if you’re too afraid to get help. Our techniques are as pain-free as possible, and we strive to make your comfort our top priority.
That last one is perhaps the most important treatment you can ever receive, and it won’t cost you a penny. It will open up an entire world of protection and beauty for your smile that you shouldn’t live without, and we’ll do everything in our power to make that happen for you and your entire family.
Because that’s what family dentistry is all about.
In order to make the most of your smile or begin to improve it, you have to realize that giving in to your fears and doing nothing will create extreme problems for you and your smile in the future.
Waiting is only an option if your goal is to hurt your smile. Millburn Dental Arts can help you make the choice that’s right for your smile, with results you deserve.